The following are requirements for NJCAA Region 10 in regards to COVID-19
Pre-Return and Return-to-Campus Preparation and Communication Plan
Campus General Council/Risk Management Liability Understanding & Communication
- Align department policies with campus policies and communication of public healthcare guidelines
- Reporting, monitoring and resolution of symptoms of illness align with institutional guidelines
- Patient-health care provider contact
- Emphasis on avoiding communal buildings
- Infectious disease education for student athletes and departmental staff (recommended during athletics orientation)
- Guidelines for infection prevention and transmission control
- Proper communication methods for reporting symptoms
- Individual personal conduct and hygiene
Creation of Athletics COVID-19 Action Team (see NJCAA Health and Safety Recommendations for Return to Play)
Creation of Action Plan (see NJCAA Health and Safety Recommendations for Return to Play)
The Path for 2020-2021 NJCAA Sports
Safety Protocol for 2020-2021 Regular Season and Region Championship Competition
Member colleges should adhere to all institution, state and local regulations and guidelines regarding COVID-19 and re-opening.
- Temperature checks for all student-athletes, coaches, game personnel prior to each competition. Visiting team travel parties should be checked for temperature readings between the bus and athletic venue. Action must be taken for anyone having a temperature of 100.3 degrees and above. The Action Plan should include processes and procedures for anyone with a temperature of 100.3 degrees and above.
- Teams are required to complete the NJCAA COVID Daily Questionnaire on game days and recommended to complete the form on days of participation
- Visiting teams are required to check temperatures before departing from their home location.
- Provide sport medicine staff (or appointed designee) with necessary personal protective equipment
- Limit contact between teams when possible, including the elimination of pre-game and post-game handshake.
- Limit student-athlete fan engagement before and after competition.
Safety Protocol for Athletic Facilities and Equipment
- Member colleges should adhere to all state and local regulations and guidelines regarding COVID-19 and re-opening facilities.
- Member colleges should clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces and equipment on the field, court, or playing surface.
- Develop a schedule for increase, routine cleaning and disinfecting. If you play at a rented facility, you need to have a copy of the cleaning and disinfecting schedule.
- Limit the use of shared objects and equipment when possible.
- Eliminate the sharing of water bottles and towels amongst teammates
- Limit facility access for student-athletes as deemed appropriate.
- Implement social distancing for team benches when possible.
- Encourage fans, staff, and other event attendees to wear face masks.
- Encourage social distancing for fans during the event.